Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 January 2016

Mass Shout Out to Undiscovered Authors (Pt. 1)

Hey there,

So I would apologise for not updating this website, but I think this post will be long enough without it. The purpose of this post is that over a couple of months, lots of #holliehannahreads and other sneaky little things I have been doing on my account have contributed to the pile of people and their brilliant stories I wish to feature for you all to check out. All of these people at the time of this post have under 5k followers, reads etc and this post is something I really want to do to spread awareness to some of these talented undiscovered writers!

Part one will have romance and mystery writers featured! 
There will be lots of parts to this as I am planning to do one every month with a couple of my faves.


Romance Section:
These romance, teen fiction writers literally write similar themes/topics as I do, meaning if you enjoy any of my work, you're bond to enjoy there's too!

wohnderwall - Brewed Hearts


Blurb: So maybe she had the kind of smile that made you feel happy to be alive and just that little bit more human. And maybe her smile shined like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them. It was like the sun opened its eager light to shine about her, only brightening her perfectly aligned teeth. Maybe, It was the reason I gave her a smile that wasn't so lit with sadness.❞
Link: click me

My opinion: what the hell, if you haven't read this book or its been sitting in your library for too long, read it. I love it. I just do. You will too.





misconstrued - Gravity

Blurb: Because the galaxy loses its stars the day Max loses Wendy.
Then everything's just empty, and Max is left struggling for gravity
Link: click me

My opinion: there is something about this book that makes me think I am really excited to love. I don't know what it is, its just there.






Mystery/Thriller:
I love mystery and thriller books. It's my new thing.  I really enjoy the odd dabble in writing mystery too, (shameless plug to check out my co-written book, Melancholia). I think the following authors have nailed it, and they really are an inspiration.


confiance_ - Things You'll Never Know

Blurb: In which she learns that no one is ever as they seem.

Link: click me

My opinion: massive fan of this book so far. I find the characters to be complex and interesting and I really enjoy the perspectives. I think there is so much this author can do with the book and this makes me really excited.





stereohearted  - Fault Lines



Blurb: It's been almost three years since Astrid Rosewood's best friend died, yet she can't seem to shake off the idea that it was not a suicide. Moreover, when a boy moves in next door, things start to spiral out of control.
Link: click me

My opinion: so the book hasn't began yet, but doesn't the blurb just make you want to read it all in one sitting, cry and scream, love and laugh and all of that other crap that happens when reading a fantastic book? I just find this author to be incredible with words and I can't wait for the next chapters. I really recommend saving it to your library. Based off the other books, I'm looking forward to this one!



Thanks lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment